Full Time Program Assistant Position
Position: Summer position for 13 weeks
Wage: $13.85/hr.; Full-time 35 hours a week
Conditions: Must be able to work full-time from May 31st to August 23th.
The South Granville Seniors Centre is a non-profit seniors’ centre located in the South Granville area that offers a variety of social, recreational, and wellness programs and services. We aim to provide local seniors with affordable and inclusive programming that promotes social engagement, health, and well-being.
Tasks & Responsibilities
The summer student will:
- Be responsible for planning and facilitating a variety of summer out-trips for senior members of the centre. This will include booking transportation and purchasing tickets, liaising with trip venue staff when needed, administrating participant lists and waivers, and creating promotional materials for the trips.
- Assist with the planning and coordination of summer events at the Centre, including the Spring Bazaar, Canada 150 Legacy Lunch, Annual General Meeting, Aging with Pride, and the Annual Summer BBQ.
- Communicate and work effectively with the Executive Director, Office Administrator, and Program Coordinator.
- Take on additional duties as required, including data entry, day-to-day operations, grant writing, and reception duties.
The summer student will demonstrate the following skills:
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including word processing skills and knowledge of social media and print media.
- An interest in working with older adults and a good understanding of the social and physical barriers to activity experienced by older adults.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills, with an ability to handle cash, multitask, and handle a variety of tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff, volunteers, and older adult Centre members of diverse socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
- Previous experience in event and/or program planning, organization, and delivery.
- Class 5 Drivers License and access to a vehicle
This position is ideal for students currently studying in a Recreation, Sociology, Social Services, or Gerontology program.
Deadline for applications: Friday, May 17th.
Please send applications to Clemencia Gomez at firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is funded by the Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ) wage subsidy program. Eligible student participants must:
– be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
– have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
– be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and,
– be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.