FULL TIME PROGRAM & VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR
South Granville Seniors Centre
The South Granville Seniors Centre is a daytime drop-in activity Centre for adults 55+ that provides a variety of programs promoting health, well-being and independence to over 400 members in the South Granville area. With the help of a team of 100+ volunteers, we offer a wide range of health, wellness, social and educational programs and services. The Centre currently has a fantastic opportunity available for a dynamic and innovative Program and Volunteer Coordinator. The Program and Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for devising, implementing, and running all new and existing programs, services and events at the Centre as well as planning, organizing and overseeing the volunteer program.
This work includes:
- Designing, coordinating, and evaluating programs and services for seniors 55+.
- Planning and coordinating special events and outings (logistics, venues, setup/take down).
- Overseeing all aspects of the Centre’s volunteer program, including volunteer recruitment, screening, training and supervision.
- Creating and updating advertising materials for the Centre’s programs, services, and events. This includes creating a monthly newsletter, updating the Centre’s website, social media platforms, and designing print promotional materials.
- Assisting with grant applications and monitoring of project outcomes.
- Organizing fundraising initiatives such as our bi-annual Bazaars.
- Assisting with annual reports for funders and monthly reports for Board of Directors.
- Assisting with daily inquiries from members and creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere at the Centre.
- Reporting to the Executive Director on a regular basis regarding Centre activities.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Some physical work is required (ability to lift 20 pounds).
Experience & Abilities
- Post-secondary training in social services or gerontology / suitable combination of education and experience.
- Marketing experience is an asset
- Experience with organizing and coordinating events and programs.
- Experience with recruiting, training, engaging, and managing volunteers (including senior volunteers).
- Experience with writing grant applications.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, basic graphic design, and WordPress.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills, with an ability to handle a variety of tasks.
- Personable, friendly and a committed team player.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills and creativity in solving problems.
- Knowledge of and interest in senior’s issues and an ability to take initiative in meeting the needs of seniors.
- Ability to work cooperatively with a diverse staff team, volunteers, senior members and others to accomplish the society’s objectives.
- Knowledge of the principles of Community Development and strategies to promote the concept of inclusive communities.
- Ability to work 37.5 hours per week from Monday to Friday.
- A Class 5 License is an asset.
Application Deadline: 4:00PM, August 2nd, 2019
Please send your application to:
Clemencia Gomez, Executive Director
South Granville Seniors Centre
1420 West 12th Avenue, Vancouver V6H 1M8
Or email application to: email@example.com